2017 Hyundai Tucson vs. 2017 Ford Escape
2017 Hyundai Tucson
2017 Ford Escape
It’s hard for Billings and Lockwood drivers not to love the 2017 Hyundai Tucson – it just offers so much more than rivals like the 2017 Ford Escape. Whether you’re looking for efficiency, luxury, technology, or all three, the Tucson is going to suit you down to the ground in ways that cannot be matched by the dramatically outperformed 2017 Escape. Keep reading to find out just exactly how the Tucson outshines the Escape.
The 2017 Hyundai Tucson easily outperforms the 2017 Ford Escape when it comes to efficiency, ably squeezing every last ounce of energy from every last drop of fuel. Even with its most powerful engine – the 175 horsepower, 195 lb-ft of torque 1.6L four-cylinder turbo – you’ll be able to achieve up to 26 mpg in the city and 32 on the highway thanks to an innovative and all-new 7-speed dual clutch transmission system.
The 2017 Escape falls markedly behind, with mileage ratings peaking at just 23 in the city and 30 on the highway.
The Escape is a fine compact crossover, but its interior appears poorly fitted when compared against that of the 2017 Hyundai Tucson, which offers:
- Heated Rear Seats: Only the Tucson allows you to place heated seats in the rear as well as the front.
- Ventilated Front Seats: Heated seats are great in winter; when summer rolls around in Billings and Lockwood, just turn on this cooling feature.
- YES Essentials Fabric: Resists both odors and stains – perfect for an active modern family.
Both the 2017 Hyundai Tucson and the 2017 Ford Escape deliver a comprehensive selection of safety features as standard, but the Tucson goes one (or two) better with its additional driver assistance technologies, including:
- Automatic Emergency Braking system with Pedestrian Detection: If a collision with either another car or a pedestrian is imminent and you don’t react, the Tucson will react for you.
- Lane Change Assist: Measures the closing speed of an approaching vehicle to gauge whether changing lanes is safe, then provides a warning if it isn’t.
The 2017 Hyundai Tucson is a Peerless Compact Crossover
The compact crossover segment is really heating up, but the Tucson still manages to come out ahead. If you’d like to experience the Tucson difference for yourself, just come on down to Underriner Hyundai today. We hope to see our Billings and Lockwood customers soon!