2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Earns Top Safety Pick+ Award From the IIHS
Billings and Lockwood drivers can rest easier knowing that, when they get behind the wheel of the 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport, they will be in good hands. The IIHS recently announced its Top Safety Pick+ award winners and the 2016 Santa Fe Sport made the list. This award is not easy to earn, as the IIHS puts vehicles through stringent tests to ensure maximum safety. Let’s take a closer look now at why the 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport safety features have made it a winner of the Top Safety Pick+ award.
Top Safety Pick+ Selection
In order for the 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport safety features to prove themselves worthy of the Top Safety Pick+ award, the vehicle needed to pass several real-world collision tests. It’s important to note that the Santa Fe Sport was equipped with the optional front-crash prevention features when it was tested. These tests include:
- Small overlap front
- Moderate overlap front
- Roof strength
- Head restraints & seats
- Front crash prevention
The 2017 Santa Fe Sport received the highest rating of “Good” for all of these tests and a rating of “Superior” for front crash prevention test. It also received a 5-star overall safety rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
Standard Safety Features
Billings and Lockwood drivers will also take comfort in a number of standard safety features, including:
- Vehicle stability management with electronic stability control and traction control
- Seven airbags
- Rearview camera
- Anti-lock brakes
- Hill-start assist control
A number of driver-assistance technologies are also available to aid the driver in difficult driving conditions. Some of these include:
- Smart Cruise Control: Automatically adjusts your pre-set speed by using radar to maintain a consistent distance behind the vehicle ahead.
- Automatic Emergency Braking: Gives you maximum braking in emergency situations.
- Lane Departure Warning: Alerts you when your vehicle drifts out of your lane.
- Blind Spot Detection: Gives you a visual warning when there is a vehicle in your blind spot.
Experience the 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport at Underriner Hyundai
Come drive the 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport to feel the security and safety that comes from this incredible crossover. For more information, contact us online or call 406-255-2361. We hope to see our Billings and Lockwood customers soon!