Directions from Sheridan, WY to Billings, MT and Back
Image courtesy of Google Maps
Thinking about taking a trip from Sheridan to Billings? There are lots of fun things to do in Billings, including plenty of great restaurants to try. So what’s the distance from Sheridan to Billings, and how do you get there and back? Find out with this guide from Underriner Hyundai, your Big Timber area Hyundai dealer in Billings.
How to Get From Sheridan to Billings
It’s about 140 miles from Sheridan, WY to Billings, MT. Here are the three modes of transportation you can take to get there:
- Car – The 2-hour drive from Sheridan to Billings is almost all spent on I-90 West. When you get close to Billings, simply continue onto MT-3 North/S. 27th Street until you reach the center of town.
- Bus – There are quite a few direct buses from Sheridan to Billings, ranging from around $35-100 for a one-way trip.
- Bike – It’s about a 12-hour bike ride from Sheridan to Billings via Old Highway 87 North. The first half of your trip is mostly downhill, with the second half split between a steep uphill jaunt and downhill arrival into Billings.
- Walking – It’s not exactly a walk in the park to get from Sheridan to Billings. In fact, it’s 44 hours of walking on foot, and that doesn’t include stopping to eat, rest, and sleep! All told, you’re probably looking at a week of walking one way. Your best bet is probably to take Old Highway 87.
How to Get From Billings to Sheridan
The trip from Billings, MT to Sheridan, WY is the same length and offers the same modes of transport:
- Car – I-90 East takes you directly back to Sheridan. Simply continue onto N. Main Street when you get into Sheridan to reach downtown.
- Bus – The bus from Billings back to Sheridan will generally cost you around the same as the bus to Billings, though you can save some money by purchasing a round-trip ticket.
- Bike – The 12-hour bike ride back to Sheridan includes a quick up-and-down during the first 4-6 hours, followed by a steady uphill jaunt for most of the rest of the way.
- Walking – If you don’t feel like grabbing a bus, the walk back to Sheridan is another 44 hours or so, which means another week on foot via Old Highway 87.
Let Underriner Hyundai Be Your Guide to Billings, MT!
Count on Underriner Hyundai to be your guide to Billings, MT and the surrounding areas. While you’re in town, check out our impressive selection of new Hyundais and used cars for sale. We’re open for sales Monday through Saturday, and you can reach us online or by phone at 406.255.2365. Or if you need an oil change or have a low tire, don’t hesitate to contact our service department.
More About Billings, MT From Underriner Hyundai
Image courtesy of Google Maps Thinking about taking a trip from Sheridan to Billings? There are lots of fun things to do in Billings, including plenty of great restaurants to try. So what’s the distance from Sheridan to Billings, and how do you get there and back? Find out with this guide from Underriner Hyundai, your…
Image courtesy of The Burger Dive There are lots of fun things to do near Billings, but you’re going to need some fuel in the tank in order to get you going (and we don’t mean the car tank)! Make your way from Sheridan to any of our favorite restaurants in Billings, MT, brought to…
Contact Us Located on the Yellowstone River, Billings is one of southern Montana’s most beautiful cities. While you can find shops or five-star restaurants in almost any city, you won’t find the kind of sights and experiences that await you in Billings, MT. Underriner Hyundai has always been passionate about our community, its history, and fun…